Monday 7 November 2016

Roxana Howlett - Welcome To The team!

We are very pleased to welcome our first female rider to the Enuff team, Roxana Howlett!


How old are you and where are you from? 
Roxana Howlett age 7 and I live in Devon. 


What age did you first start skateboarding and what inspired you to first pick up a board?
Just after my 6th birthday I had a go on my sister’s Penny board and then I started watching Aaron Kyro videos on Youtube.

Where is your favourite place to skate? 
The Lodge indoor skatepark in Newton Abbot and Flowerpots Skatepark in Exeter.

What can you bring to the team? 
My local skateshop sells Enuff stuff so I had heard of them.
I can bring to the team a big passion for skating, awesome tricks and inspiring more young girls in the UK to skate.



Which skateboarders did you look up to growing up? Any local legends in your local scene or professionals you aspire to be like? 
I love Aaron ‘Jaws’ Homoki, Lacey Baker and Leticia Bufoni. Also locally I like Stefani Nurding and would like to be as good as her.

How many people are in your group of friends that you skate with on a regular basis and which guys are essential to getting a good session going? 
I like skating with Alfie, Reuben and Luke at The Lodge every week and any locals I see down at Flowerpots, but I also really enjoy skating on my own.

What is your all-time favourite skate video and which ones are you into at this moment in time? 
I haven't seen many but I like Vans European Skate Tour 2008 and Sweets.

Do you have a preference towards street skating, skate parks or vert or are you happy to experience and skate everything? 
I like skating anything but I love transition and street best.

What was the last trick you learnt? What are the next three tricks on your hit list that you would love to learn?
I last learnt Frontside rock and rolls.  Next up to crack is a boardslide on my rail (which I’ve almost got!), blunt fakies and kick flips.

Are there any video parts you are working on personally which we will see in the near future or any competitions coming up that you plan to enter? 
I’ve always got half a video in progress. I’ve entered a few competitions recently and will go in any more local ones that come up.  I also plan to travel down to London for The Unicorn Jam next year.

What do you think skateboarding holds for you in the future and what are your future aspirations? 
Travel the world one skate park at a time…. and be as good as I can be!


Here's the edit that caught our attention and got us talking to Roxana:



No comments: